Monday, November 28, 2016

The Beginning

The E4D RWD Project

Lets go back 2 months ago, I remember cursing the shop owner for selling me this chassis.The guys says "I told you maaaa, take MF maaa"

Anyway, that being said, the fun part for me is; messing around with this chassis. So the quest for fixing the problems starts.

The First Fix

Bumper. Simple enough, the mighty scissors does the job. Cut the 2 end touching the wheel and that was fixed :D










The Second Fix

Front chassis, this was difficult for me at first as I didn't have the tools at first and until now still do no have the tools. I am still waiting for the sander to arrive. For now, it was a blade and sand paper. 250 grit seems to do a good job. Where the gear sits cut down the chassis. If you look at the picture you don't have to cut too much to get the AWD perfect.

For the RWD Fix,
unfortunately I think I have to cut out more of the chassis and remove the gear :( I do not want to do that.yes

The first steps to RWD
Off with the Belt. Yes that works!!! I am RWD :D. Lets take the monster for a spin.
Unfortunately my car wheels was spinning and it was not moving anywhere.

First step :

Throttle down. I reduced my throttle to 50%. Easy ma 6.5T motor, half the speed means 13T motor lor 👅👅

Yes this work slightly better but the car wheels still was spinning too much.

To save you time, 30% Throttle should be about right to start off with RWD. If I only read more earlier :p

No comments:

Post a Comment